Phoenix Tooth-Colored Fillings, Composite Restorations
Replace your unsightly metal fillings and restore the look of your teeth with tooth-colored fillings. Our Phoenix cosmetic dentistry patients are enjoying the benefits of a flawless smile with tooth-colored fillings and you can too!
Why Replace Metal Fillings?
Metal fillings can be eyesores in an otherwise white smile. Fortunately metal fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings to restore the look of a flawless smile. Besides the obvious cosmetic reasons, replacing metal fillings with tooth-colored options is actually beneficial for your teeth. Silver amalgam, the most commonly used metal fillings treatment, can lead to dental damage and other problems. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider replacing your metal fillings with tooth-colored restorations.
- Damage Caused By Metal Fillings: Silver amalgam fillings can actually damage your teeth, causing cracks and breakage. Silver amalgam expands and contracts when it comes into contact with hot and cold food or drinks. This regular expanding and contracting can create cracks in the teeth, and can lead to broken teeth and lost fillings.
- Discoloration of the Teeth: Over time, silver fillings can discolor the surrounding tooth. It is common for teeth with silver fillings to eventually turn a grayish hue.
- Aesthetics: Replacing metal fillings with tooth-colored fillings offers more aesthetically pleasing results and restores the appearance of the tooth to its former untarnished look.
- Durability: Tooth-colored fillings are extremely durable and have the added benefit of not damaging the teeth like silver amalgam fillings are prone to do.
- Improved Self-Esteem: The power of a flawless smile is not to be underestimated. Tooth-colored fillings seamlessly blend with the surrounding teeth so when you smile all anyone will see are gorgeous teeth instead of unsightly metal fillings.
Tooth-colored fillings are just one of the many tooth-colored options available to improve and restore the look of your teeth.
- Composite Resin Fillings: Composite resin is a durable material available for tooth-colored fillings. Composite resin fillings require minimal amount of tooth to be removed for placement, which helps maintain the integrity of the natural tooth and prevent future breakage.
- Ceramic Fillings: Ceramic fillings are made of stain resistant porcelain. They are extremely durable and can be expected to last 15 years or longer.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are another tooth-colored treatment available for replacing metal fillings. Inlays and onlays are generally made from porcelain and are intended to treat damage on the biting surface of the molars.
- Porcelain Dental Crowns: For our patients in Phoenix, dental crowns are a great treatment to protect teeth from further damage while restoring the tooth's appearance. Porcelain crowns are used to completely encapsulate broken, cracked teeth or teeth weakened by large fillings.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Todd Holton
Why wait to have the smile you've always wanted? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Todd Holton to discuss your cosmetic and general dentistry options and to develop your personalized treatment plan. We look forward to hearing from you!